Sunday, July 12, 2009

We're off to Chongqing

Today's the day! We're nearly packed with 5 hours of sleep under our belts. In about 15 minutes we leave our room, meet downstairs and take the bus to the airport. The flight to Chongqing is close to 2 1/2 hours.

When we arrive in Chongqing, we'll go to our hotel and settle in. We'll then go to the Civil Affairs Office in Chongqing to receive our daughter at 3:00pm. There will be some paperwork to do here, but not much. After that is done, we head back to our hotel to try to figure out this whole parenting thing!

You'd think with it being this close it'd feel more real to me. But so far this has felt like a touring vacation and that this is just another one of those planned activities. There are moments of clarity when everything sinks in and almost overwhelms me. It's a mixture of anxiety and excitement! I know my world's going to be rocked, and it's incredible.

I can't say enough how much all of the support from home and around the world means to me. Sheryl & I are truly blessed to be surrounded by so many loving, caring people!

Not sure when we'll be able to post again, but we're eager to share photos of us and our daughter :)

Love to all,
Brian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only about 15 more minutes till you get Kiana!!! How exciting!! Thinking of you guys and praying for you.

~Tara and Branden

Dianne said...

I am awake and praying as you have been reciveing your daughter now! I am sitting here praying for the last half hour and so excited! No I did not plan to be up :) I am taking care of my foreign exchange students from Chongqing! I kept asking them all night..what time is it in China now!? It is time....Enjoy your new family Mom, Dad, and Kiana! Yes and don't forget all the dogs in the new family too!

Love you, Dianne

junglemama said...

Wow really?? Only 2 1/2 hours? OUr flight ot Ukraine was first 5 to New York and then another 9.