Saturday, October 29, 2011

Our Agility Victory weekend

Here are a couple videos of our weekend. We got our C-ATCH me and Cosette on our Jackpot run on Saturday. It was a non-traditional run where we had to complete a certain combination of obstacles for the Jackpot and if unsuccessful had to change it,I planned my course where I did the combination needed three different ways and grabbed enough extra points so that if I missed it the first time I had a backup plan without having to worry about changing anything and my plan worked :) It was a fun run too.It was 6 years to the exact day to achieve the C-ATCH. This is a big achievement for us that I have worked hard for and am so excited to finally get the C-ATCH, we are officially an Agility team Champion.

On Sunday we did another Jackpot traditional in level C and Cosette got the gamble and it even had a teeter in it. I will post that one once I get it too. Cosette got 46 points. I don't expect to go as far as the C-ATE but me and Cos will still run, she loves it so much.

Maiyah also got 5 Qs (qualifying runs) out of 6 runs. We have just 3 runs left to complete level 2 and have started on Level 3. The best part of her weekend is that at the end of the runs she was in control of herself and would even sit for her leash a couple times and didn't jump up crazy. in the past trials on the outside ring I would get help setting up a few people at the exit just in case she kept on going. That was a big victory for Maiyah even more then the Qs :)

Now that we have some time between trials I am going to be focusing on Maiyah's distance work so she too can Q in Jackpot. Also Maiyah has been dropping bars so need to work on strengthening her back end to make her stronger and better ready for the jumps. This has been Maiyah's first year of competition and I think she has done well for only running in trials for 8 months so far.



1 comment:

Brian D. Wall said...

Seeing you get the C-ATCH sure got me choked up! You worked so hard for this and it was amazing to witness the final moment and victory lap. Definitely a proud moment for both of us!